Saturday, October 19, 2013

Random Observations

People rarely wear sunglasses in China.  But the women wear the most stunning felt coats.

Chinese babies are the cutest race of babies.

The produce that I have seen, from supermarkets to roadside stands, is absolutely gorgeous.

Don't get me started on the driving.  It is so passé to be shocked by the driving in other countries.  But I can tell you that the Chinese have evolved driving customs that occupy radically different strategic equilibria - starting with role the horn.

We were dragged to a Pizza Hut and it was as awful as the American version.  But the decor was a step up.  KFC does have pretty solid egg tarts though.

I was shocked to hear how much speculating is going on in the housing market.  Shocked and terrified for the world economy.

Chinese boys really love the NBA.

A book I am reading about the early incursions of Westerners into China in the 1970's often mentions the difficulty of escaping the retinue assigned to tour them around.  I can certainly sympathize.  Our stay in Changchun was highly regimented with a cadre of students always hovering, eager to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment